The environmental education work has been supported by various volunteer groups since 1992. Initially the charity was called “The Friends of the Denis Bland Centre”, then “The Association of the Friends of Barnet Countryside Centre” and now “Friends of Barnet Environment Centre”.
We became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) in February 2016 and adopted the advised Charity Commission constitution. Minor changes to the template constitution are because the trustees are the volunteer workforce. The FoBEC_constitution07Feb16.
Why become a member?
- Because you believe environmental issues are important
- You can show your support for the work the Trustees do organising school visits, Open Days and various youth volunteering projects
- You can show your support for the work the volunteers do in maintaining the nature reserve as a local resource
- To keep in touch through a newsletter which is issued four times a year
- The membership is a nominal sum! In the year 1st July 2016 – 30th June 2017 membership is £10 individual and £75 corporate.
How do I join?
- Contact us by email.
- Fill out our Subscription Form subsform2017-2018 submission details are on the form.
- Use BT MyDonate.
How do I renew membership?
You will be contacted in July/August prior to the September AGM and will be able to deliver your subscription to the Membership Secretary locally, or by post, or by bank transfer or through BT MyDonate.
You can be a member without volunteering, and you can volunteer without being a member!